Giving Back Comes Naturally
As a company built on a foundation of family and community, our desire to give back is as natural as the products we sell.
We’ve always believed the more you give, the more you get. That’s why instilling a spirit of generosity and a culture of philanthropy has always been a top priority for our family business.
Garrett Valley is the proud founder and sponsor of dozens of community charities, including the Barbara A. Colameco Cancer Transportation Fund. The B.A.C. Cancer Transportation Fund is named in honor of Garrett Valley Founder and President, Lou Colameco’s late wife, Barbara A. Colameco, who lost her battle with breast cancer in 2010.
Since 2008, the The B.A.C. Cancer Transportation Fund has raised more than a half-million dollars and counting, and has provided more than 1,000 rides to chemotherapy appointments for cancer patients in its community.
At Garrett Valley, going the extra mile to meet higher standards doesn’t stop with our all natural products. Whether a donation of food, or helping to fund important medical research, we believe in the power of charity.
- Founder of the Barbara A. Colameco Cancer Transportation Fund (www.baccancerfund.org)
- Board of Trustees Member for Goodwill Industries of Southern New Jersey & Philadelphia
- Founder of the Wellshire/Colameco Family Scholarship at Malvern Preparatory School
- Founder of the Barbara A. Colameco Scholarship at Gloucester County 4H
- Founder of the Wellshire/Colameco family scholarship at St. Edmond’s Academy
- Major Sponsor of the Annual Gloucester County Hero Scholarship Ride
- Major Sponsor of the Annual Delaware County Abate Toys for Tots
- Major Sponsor of the Annual Ride for Heroes
- Major Sponsor of the Annual Ride for Autism Speaks